For the last couple of hours while waiting for word on Reba's transfer, my cell just rang moments ago and it was her social worker at the hospital. Apparently Reba will not be getting transferred to the nursing home. Medicare decided it won't pay for it, as they don't feel she needs it. So she will be discharged tomorrow, as it stands, and be coming home. The option of possibly having a home nurse come in to make an evaluation on safety, is about all there is. So I guess I will have to monitor her. In the meantime if there is anything else, I will get that from the doctor, when I see him, if I am there when he comes in. I'm sure I will have to make a run to the pharmacy afterwards for prescriptions and such. I may ask if she can get some kind of chair for the shower, to help bathe her, as that is difficult while wearing a brace, and I'm Leary of her standing anyway.
Seems when one thing is going one way, it changes up that fast. She was told she was going, now she isn't. I'm sure in a way, she's glad, and just wants to come home. I'm off from work tomorrow, but afterwards suppose to go in. I am going to tell my boss, I will need a few days off, as I don't want her home alone, right now. Her daughter is suppose to be leaving on Saturday to take a trip for a week during spring break. This was already planned, and all has been paid for. So I'm pretty much it, right now. Going to be leaving for the hospital again in a bit here.