My husband has been having cramping and has been visiting the toilet a lot the last few days. Around a month ago everyone around here was getting this 48 hour thing with much the same symptoms so we figured he would be OK in 48 hours. This morning however he was still in a lot of pain and doubling over. He took some Immodium last night and it didn't seem to help at all. This morning he asked me what else he could about the cramping and I said we already tried everything I know of. I told him he should go to the doctor.
He is a workaholic and did not want to miss work today. I told him just have the doctor check you out and then go to work.
When his doctor took his pulse it was extremely high. He already has high blood pressure. The doctor said he needed to go to the ER and get some scans done. He called me when he was on his way there but told me not to come because he knows I have kids to pick up from school and such and it is snowy outside. Now I wish I had not listened and just went. It has been 2 hours and I have not heard a thing from him. I am trying not to call his cell because phone calls always seem to come at the worst times in these situations, but if I don't hear from him in a half hour I am going to call him. The last two times we went to this ER we had to wait a long time just to get in, but those were both at night time, hopefully during the day they are faster.
I hope nothing is seriously wrong. The opening night of my son's musical is tonight. We have tickets for tomorrow night but he is still going to need a ride to the school tonight and a ride home. Of course the snow is making me even more nervous. The hospital is not close to home and driving in snow makes me a nervous wreck.
I just wish he would call.
I am going to try and keep myself busy writing and such until I hear from him. I will keep you all posted.