(I wrote this on January 10, 2013)
They're getting a "Head Start" on hustling away our basic God-given human rights of self-defense and general protection. Yes, "once the election is over (they'll).." basically point their guns inward -- to bring the perpetual warfare state back home.
No matter that Obama got an extremely-suspicious 99% of the vote in one area of Ohio. Or that his own recorded (reworded?) history resembles that of an undocumented alien. OUR KIDS ARE UNDER ATTACK! Cue the domestic-drill psy-ops while burying the evidence and jackbooting on legitimate media reportage. After all, they have an agenda to meet!
And that's the way tyrannical governments have always operated -- with plenty of false-flag operations (look up "Reichstag fire") and pre-measured measures to attack gun owners and guns that have harmed no one.
1. THIS IS PRECISELY WHY YOU NEED THOSE GUNS: To provide a bulwark against tyranny!
2. The Second Amendment IS the right that protects them all. And this is a long-established tradition or precedent which reaches back (at least) to the Magna Carta (1215). Isn't it insane, then, that some government minions are EVEN looking into overturning THOSE basic protections? That's more reason we need these guns -- and God gave us these rights to protect them!
3. Amendment Two (of the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights) is perhaps most important for poor, vulnerable (sickly / weak) and minority citizens. Historically, gun control was used in the South to disenfranchise black people; surely President Obama should know this or should be educated about it! And "God made man but Sam Colt made them equal." Guns are indeed the Great Equalizer -- fulfilling the promise of equal rights, treatment and protection. The Founders certainly saw it that way -- or at least recognized its potential. So why don't we?
4. Why on God's green earth would you ever give MORE guns to the folks behind "Fast and Furious" / "Gunrunner" -- which endowed Mexican drug gangs with weapons? And (most bizarrely) they consistently refused to provide adequate security to Ambassador Chris Stevens in Benghazi, Libya (though just sending him there was a suicide mission in itself). These are not the people you want to trust with guns -- so why not reduce THEIR supply instead of OURS?
5. 'More guns, less crime.' As John Lott's well-researched book concludes, the widespread (largely anonymous) distribution of personal firearms amounts to a substantially-deterring opportunity cost to any prospective criminal. If he or she does not know who is armed around him or her, it makes no sense to commit a crime, since he or she may be shot. Ditto for anyone breaking in -- it just doesn't make sense!
6. As Phil Gramm once put it, "If gun control worked, Washington D.C. would be the safest place around." But it is (or has been) a murder capital since private firearms have been largely restricted. Ditto for Chicago, where Mayor Emanuel's gun-grabbing bluster can't hide the fact of 500 homicides in the past year. And as long as you have moronic incestuous media refusing to acknowledge gun control's abysmal failure, Chicago and other gun-busting dystopias will only get worse. So don't let (Pat) Quinn The Eskimo snow your rights here in Illinois -- or anywhere else!
7. Switzerland stands as a vivid example of proud gun ownership, neutrality and prosperity. While requiring gun ownership is not consistent with founding freedom principles, the American citizen would do well to familiarize himself or herself with basic gun handling and operation. This is a much more mature response than feeding into irrational media-perpetuated fears. (Though such fear is legitimate when it comes to the dangers of government schools). So embrace this time-tested protection and open wide your empowerment horizons!
8. American courts have ruled that police have no legal obligation to protect anyone -- so it is incumbent upon us to protect ourselves.
9. Police do some protecting but simply can't be instantly everywhere at once. Fill in the gaps and secure your own protection with a multi-pronged approach -- watch dog, sensor lights, solid locks, neighborhood watch AND guns!
10. Here's a novel solution to crime: PUNISH CRIMINALS! This means we need to immediately stop imprisoning for victimless crimes; imprison those who are an actual threat to others!
11. Private gun ownership is also a deterrent to foreign invasion -- as Japan's General Yamamoto once observed. So it INCREASES actual legitimate RESPECT for America!
12. Instead of demonizing guns which have harmed no one (and undoubtedly protected many) -- let's look at the real causes / factors behind violence. Those include VACCINES (see Dr. Harris Coulter's work -- and U.S. kids receive more of these shots than nearly any other country's), psychotropic / brain-affecting drugs (very heavily advertised), foods (including excitotoxic substances which never should have been approved), violent video games and social disintegration. Now let's stop the taxpayer subsidies which are increasing many of these pernicious products (processed foods and drugs) -- and reduce taxes for ALL Americans. This will lead to a more prosperous economy and LESS likelihood of crime and dysfunction.
13. The individual IS responsible for his or her actions and SHOULD be punished for violating others' rights. Now can we start doing the same for government?!
14. Firearms ownership and use are actually very healthy for individuals, families and communities (especially when non-toxic ammo is used). Guns encourage outdoor exercise, exploration -- and interacting with nature. And you don't even need to be a hunter. Maybe start out with an entry-level airgun and try your hand at plinking, with some non-toxic pellets. Soon you'll be working your way up to the "big dogs" or something more substantial!
15. America's strong embrace of the Second Amendment -- and comparable support for our soldiers -- has now been taken over by a hypocritical media championing all things war. But if you support war -- and the able-bodied citizens who amount to the militia -- then you must by definition also support private gun ownership! Any way you score it, the media is really supporting an anti-life agenda to take our rights and leave us to the caprices of overreaching government. (Plus you can VERY MUCH support private gun ownership while vehemently opposing war).
16. The Second Amendment is the most effective preventative to mass murder and genocide, since registered / disarmed citizens have clearly been signposts pointing down the road to tyranny. So let's embrace it with all the passion of a second American Revolution!!