I am telling you, this is one rich and decadent cake! Please be sure to use pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Mix together only the cake mix and the puree (do not add any of the ingredients on the cake mix instructions).
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small can of pumpkin puree
1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 8 oz tub Cool Whip
1/2 bag of Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350º according to the directions for a 9x13 cake on the cake mix box.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes after baking. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top (just to your liking). Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight (best)
Recipe and photo courtesy of RecipeLion