This image courtesy of Mama J from A Little Bit Crunchy, A Little Bit Rock and Roll
I got excited when I found this recipe. Cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin, more cinnamon! It looks fairly easy and I think it will be a great taste treat. I haven't made them, yet, but plan on baking them when I go visit my mother at the end of this month.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and pumpkin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and 1/2 cup of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the pumpkin/milk mixture.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. When cool enough to handle, roll in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.