Make something sweet for Mother's Day!
Get the great taste of a chocolate chip cookie in a bar. These tasty cookie bars have additional sweetness and crunch from toffee chips.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can condensed milk (14-ounce)
- 1 package toffee bits (10-ounce) divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together flour and sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in nuts and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips; reserve 1 1/2 cups of this mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13-by-9-inch pan; bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Pour condensed milk evenly over crust; top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top, followed by remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely; cut into bars.