A student is fighting for her life after she became infected with flesh-eating bacteria during a zip line accident. Aimee Copeland, 24, was kayaking in Carrollton, Ga., when she stopped to take a trip on the homemade zip line. It snapped, and she was injured.
Unfortunately, the injury became serious because the graduate student was infected with flesh-eating bacteria. Doctors eventually amputated her leg, but that has not stopped the infection from spreading. Now she has slim to no chance of survival, which is nearly unbelievable given the fact that there is so much modern medicine can do.
After the gash, Copeland went to the emergency room, and her wound was treated, and she was given pain killers. She went yet again, and still she only received painkillers. Finally, on her third trip to the ER, she was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, which is a result of the flesh-eating bacteria. What a terrible thing to learn after what seemed to be a somewhat regular accident.
Now the woman is dealing with organ failure, and it seems likely that she will not make it. This is terrible! Can you imagine going through this type of infection? How often have you been injured and everything ended up being okay? Would you even think that it could possibly be something like this? It seems like Aimee Copeland had incredibly bad luck during her zip line accident. Now everybody is hoping for a miracle recovery in this case.