I am still woefully behind in my reading challenge. The good news is that I am going into summer vacation so perhaps I will get a chance to catch up on my reading, and all the TV series end in a couple weeks so maybe I can get away from the TV and into a book. I read one book during April which I received for free from Librarything.com as part of their early reviewers monthly promotion.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. The Fairy Grandmother by Mercedes Lackey
3. Foundation by Mercedes Lackey
4. Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey
5. Changes by Mercedes Lackey
6. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
7. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
8. Beyond Grimm edited by Deborah J. and Radford Ross, Phyllis Irene. Ed.
I wasn't overly fond of Beyond Grimm. Its name suggests that it should be stories that are based on or extensions of the Grimm Fairytales. This is not the case. Some stories are not recognizable in their origins and some are based on mythology. There were a lot of stories but most of them were by the same set of 3 or 4 authors. Some of the stories had be previously published in other anthologies. There were two or three very sexual and violent stories that seemed out of place with the other more PG stories and they were just in the middle of the anthology with no kind of real warning. Overall, even though I love twisted and rewritten fairytales, Beyond Grimm was a pass for me. I am glad I got it for free. Hopefully May will turn out to be a more productive reading month for me. Happy Reading to you all.