Elizabeth McCoyâ€™s Herb-Witch earned a nomination for Best Fantasy/Urban Fantasy ebook in the 2012 eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBook Awards. Finalists will be announced July 1st! In the interim, Iâ€™ve been hunting down the nominees to help you learn more about them and their work. Elizabeth was kind enough to share ten random facts with us.Â Learn more about Elizabeth and her work at http://elizabethmccoy.dreamwidth.org/
1) Favorite color: Purple! ...don't judge me. I'm a child of the 80s. It's not my fault.
editorial sidebar: This is not something to be ashamed of. I too favor purple, though as a Sith I lean more to red...
2) Food: Chai. Specifically, chai from a local sandwich/sugarbliss shop. No other chai can compare! Well, many other chais cannot compare. Especially Starbuck's anemic excuse for chai. Still, even pathetic chai is better than no chai.
3) Hi, I'm Beth, and I'm an alt-aholic; I have more MMORPG characters than I can even hope to play. (C'mon, Blizzard, give me more character slots...)
4) Cats. Four of them. They are obligatory, right?
5) I have written and edited tabletop RPG game books.
6) I have the housecleaning instincts of a hermit crab.
7) My kid has hermit crabs. I know what I'm talking about here.
8) I have NO IDEA how I got nominated! (But I'm very excited about it!)
9) I abuse semi-colons; it's because I love them too much.
10) When writing, I often have to do a search on ""that"" during the edit phase(s), to eliminate the spurious ones. I'm getting better at noticing them earlier and backspacing, but "that" is still a word that I like too much."