According to a report published late last week, Colorado-based Dixie Elixirs & Edibles signed a deal that will allow the company to expand nationwide. Dixie Elixirs & Edibles offers medical cannabis-infused sodas, snacks, capsules and oils. Signing this deal gives Dixie the freedom to bring its popular brand of products to other states with MMJ laws in place. Dixie will be the first business in the medical marijuana industry to expand nationwide.
Dixieâ€™s deal is big news for the MMJ industry, because it will help to establish a framework for other MMJ businesses looking to expand across states, and create a national brand. Dixie Elixirs & Edibles teamed up with Medical Marijuana Inc., a publicly traded company that invests in and acquires medical cannabis and hemp businesses. Dixie Elixirs & Edibles and Medical Marijuana Inc. will form a new entity, named Red Dice Holdings, to market and license Dixieâ€™s products. As a result of the deal, Medical Marijuana Inc. acquired all the intellectual property, research, development, formulas and recipes associated with Dixie Elixir & Edibles, and its parent company Dixie Holdings. Medical Marijuana Inc. controls 60 percent of Red Dice Holdings, while Dixie controls the other 40 percent.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Dixie Elixirs and Red Dice Holdings, Tripp Keber commented that this deal should give hope to the medical cannabis industry as it strives for growth. Keber continued by saying the deal proves there are companies out there that want to invest in the medical cannabis industry. For the MMJ industry to evolve, creating national brands and companies is the next step. Dixieâ€™s pioneering will help to usher in a new era of growth for medical cannabis-product producers.
Currently, many dispensaries and edibles companies find it very difficult to expand beyond their home market, since each state has its own set of complex, and sometimes confusing, medical marijuana laws. Medical cannabis businesses canâ€™t transport their product across state lines because of federal drug laws. However, the Dixie deal will avoid all these obstacles. Red Dice Holdings will sign deals with medical cannabis product manufacturers in other states that allow for MMJ retail. Once manufacturers sign with Red Dice Holdings, they will gain access to Dixieâ€™s formulas, recipes and packaging. They will then be allowed to produce the branded products themselves.
Tripp Keber commented that the name Red Dice Holdings is inspired by the two red dice Keber keeps in his pocket. Keber said the dice remind him life is a gamble, and that there is no shortage of opportunities out there. Keber hopes to strike up deals in Arizona, Rhode Island and California.
To conclude, medical cannabis should only be used by patients who hold a prescription. If you are a MMJ patient, it is always best to have your product backed up with tests performed by a MMJ testing lab. Medical cannabis testing labs can test your products potency to help you determine accurate dosing, and they can also perform tests that will check your product for contaminants like bacteria and mold.