Okay, remember this is a first attempt, as I do NOT know this form at all. I'm learning from all of you.
While watching the sunset by the shore
A boat, three men were trying to shore.
Pull the rowboat in so we can moor,
Tie the boat to a pole on the shore.
What is the rowboat on the ocean for?
To deliver mail from ship to shore.
At low tide, see the ocean floor,
but keep the boat next to the shore.
Since a rowboat uses two oars
Don't forget and leave one on shore.
I am finished, there is no more
About the rowboat on the shore.
Follow these rules:
- Ghazal must be at least five couplets long. May be as long as you wish.
- Each couplet ends in the same word
- ALSO both lines of the first couplet end with the same word.
- All lines should be of similar length.
- Today's prompt: theme of the ocean
Also, if you wish, you can use this artwork below, Hauling the Boat Ashore at Honfleur by Monet.
- Publish so that the date stamped is April 13th with only one stamp-date. If you edit at all, please let me know what you did in the comments.
- Tag with MP2012
- Publish to Mindful Poetry