A seductive sweet siren, the call of the sea
So persistently summons; I sail out to sea
Like a goose drawn to migrate, the ocean draws me
And a cool salty sea breeze leads me to the sea
Spent a season ashore with beloved family
Yet again I succumb to the call of the sea
You may call it affliction of many like me
Who are helpless when heeding the call of the sea
Sometime sailors are swallowed by oceans, still we
Are accepting of risk when weâ€™re called by the sea
If I fail to return, shed no teardrops for me
Simply etch on a stone: â€œHe was called by the seaâ€.
- Ghazal must be at least five couplets long. May be as long as you wish.
- Each couplet ends in the same word AND
- Both lines of the first couplet end with the same word.
- All lines should be of similar length.
- Today's prompt: theme of the ocean
Also, if you wish, you can use this artwork below, Hauling the Boat Ashore at Honfleur by Monet.
- Publish so that the date stamped is April 13th with only one stamp-date. If you edit at all, please let me know what you did in the comments.
- Tag with MP2012