Luckily, gold jewelry is fairly easy to take care of and doesn't require you to spend a whole bunch of money. Here's a few tips that will help keep your gold jewelry looking just as fine as the day you got it.
1. Clean your gold jewelry thoroughly every few months. No special solutions are required -- just mix some water and phosphate-free soap, then rub with a soft cloth to bring back the shine and remove the dullness from the metal surface.
2. After washing the jewelry, lay it out flat on a cloth or towel until completely dry.
3. Use a polishing cloth to remove any dullness from the metal if just cleaning it with soap and water doesn't quite cut it.
4. Don't allow your gold jewelry to come into contact with chemicals or other harmful substances. The damage caused could be irreversible.
5. Store your gold trendy jewelry separately from your other jewelry. Gold is a malleable metal and harder metals could scrape and scratch the surface. This is especially important for trendy jewelry that only has a gold-plating.
6. Have a professional repair or adjust your gold jewelry -- don't try to do it as home.
See more tips at the Envious Gems trendy jewelry blog.END AKISMET -->
This article has been flagged as spam, if you think this is an error please contact us.