Day One of the Free Agent Signing period in the NFL is officially under way. Peyton Manning, Alex Smith, and Matt Flynn still remain on the board but, a bunch of receivers have found their landing spots.
1. Reggie Wayne signs with the Indianapolis Colts for three years. A little bit surprising to see Wayne resign but, unless there was a really tantalizing offer out there why leave home when you have a chance to play with a player as hyped as Andrew Luck? He is still the number one and should be a solid fantasy starter as usual.
2. Vincent Jackson takes a five year deal to play in Tampa Bay. He was out for the first few weeks of this passed season but, came back with a vengeance. He is 6'5 and gets to a lot of balls so Josh Freeman found his new best friend. Mike Williams won't see doubles any more so he owes VJax a watch.
3. Pierre Garçon took a big 5 year deal from the Redskins. Snyder signing an over rated receiver to big deal... No surprise here. Garçon will be as good as RG3 allows him to be.
4. Carlos Rogers resigns with the 49ers ensuring that the 49ers have all eleven starters back on defense...the NFC lets out a collective "ugh". In IDP leagues Rogers is a good source of interceptions which will not change because the 49ers get to the QB.
5. Marques Colston resigns with the Saints. Drew Brees is not resigned yet but, when he does he will be glad to know his top 2 receivers in Graham and Colston are still around.
6. San Diego Chargers sign Robert Meachem. His job is to step up with Malcolm Floyd to replace the 1300 yards they lost with VJax leaving. He could be a 1000 yard guy next season. Rivers will get the ball to everyone and if Meachem starts reverting to dropping passes... (enter Psycho Phil).
Updates tomorrow with new signings.