I've had Asian Salad's before but not like this by Carla Vavala.
On page 25 of her book, Fusion of Food and Friends is a delicious and nutritious salad.
It's easily made Vegan to accommodate a meatless diet.
- 8 oz. package shelled edamame, steamed
- 8 oz. can whole water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 package Japanese noodles (Carla's recipe suggests beef flavor)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small fresh zucchini, chopped small
- 1/2 cup cashews (I mixed cashews and peanuts)
- 1/2 package fresh broccoli slaw
- 1/4 TBS crushed red pepper (Carla suggests 1 TBS but this would be too much heat for us)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (Carla suggests 1 â€“ 2 tsp., again, too much heat for us)
- 1 1/2 TBS sesame oil + 1/2 TBS olive oil (Carla suggests 2 TBS sesame oil)
- 3 TBS rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. low salt soy sauce
- *OPTIONAL:Â small sprinkle of the seasoning from the noodle package.
Cook noodles as directed on the package (*3 min. in boiling water).Â Cool and set in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients.
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad mix.Â Toss and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
A lot of flavor. A lot of good ingredients.Â This was a full meal for us.
Next week: There won't be a post next week but luckily for us, Peggy made the next recipe in the book called Irish "Good Craic" Stout Stew.Â The recipe can be found at the bottom of THIS post, but make sure to check out Peggy's post for the results.