A photo of the 'death tub' Whitney Houston died in at the Beverly Hilton hotel has been published online and it contains some chilling clues to the singer's final moments alive.
As usual, the photo was published on TMZ (how do they get these pictures?) and the commentary points out what must have been the chaos surrounding Whitney Houston when members of her family and entourage realized she was no longer breathing.
In fact, the most recent reports indicate her head was actually underwater. Because so little fluid was found in her lungs, however, insiders are reportedly being told that she did not drown.
But several items in the tub indicate that Houston planned on having a nice soak, so it seems that suicide can be ruled out.
In the photo, a towel is seen on the bottom of the tub and those close to Whitney Houston believe she used it to keep her hair dry. Who cares about such a thing if they intend to kill themselves?
Also, two hair bands can be plainly seen, presumably used to tie her hair back. Perhaps the most telling item is the gravy dish seen near the drain. Those in the know say that Houston often bathed with a gravy dish full of olive oil which she believed kept her skin soft. Again, would that be a concern for a woman who was trying to commit suicide?
It appears the death of Whitney Houston is just another tragic, accidental overdose. But are such overdoses accidental any longer?
In the era of Marilyn Monroe, the general public was not as aware of the dangers of taking too much prescription medication. It's easy for someone to take more than the recommended dosage if they're already feeling woozy and don't remember when they took their last pill.
But it's much more well-known today that prescription drugs can kill quickly and that bathing after ingesting them, especially mixed with alcohol, is often deadly. Didn't anyone in her entourage know that?
Of course, it was probably a matter of "what Whitney wants, Whitney gets", as Hollywood stars seem to be the most visible indicator of this new epidemic.
In 2011, for the first time, more people in the US died from accidental overdose of prescription pills than from all other so-called "illegal" drugs. Combined.
Anyone who plays with the rules, famous or not, runs the risk of paying the ultimate price. Especially accidentally. When will the FDA get on the ball and start insisting that doctors who prescribe these deadly substances follow through and educate patients about their dangers? And, if they don't, that they face serious jail time. Business as usual.
It seems that, like Dr. Conrad Murray, the only way this horror can stop is if a few physicians go to jail. Just like any other drug dealer.
Image courtesy of Blogger