Today is an exercise in positive thinking and optimism. You see, my van died on us yesterday, completely out of the blue. We’d just had some work done on it a couple of weeks ago and everything seemed fine. So, as we’re driving down the road we hear a “poof” sound and the engine goes dead. Normally this kind of thing throws me off the edge, emotionally. We have no money for repairs, and it’s a major hassle to have to take my husband to work in order to use his car. His work is the opposite direction from all the things we have to get to, etc. So, today I’m trying really hard to count my blessings.
So, here goes:
1) I’m thankful no one was hurt
2) I am thankful my husband was with me (and driving) when this happened
3) I’m thankful for a good friend and neighbor who came to pick us up and get us home, and that she was available when this happened!
4) I’m thankful we were in a place where we could easily turn into a church parking lot to park our van overnight
5) I’m thankful we decided to renew AAA!
6) I’m thankful that God is not surprised and will take care of our needs
7) I’m thankful I only had to wait 15 minutes for the tow truck to arrive this morning!
If you can think of some other reasons, pertaining to this situation, that I can count as blessings, please add them on the list!