Do you remember the 1960's Anti-War Movement?
Â Kent State
Â Flower Power
Â SDS, Undergound Weathermen
Â Bill Ayers & Bernadine Dorn
Anti-War Movement, Kent State:
Anti-War Movement Today:
Video cannot be embedded, click link
-->Â Â Minute 11:00Â <--
Â "What," you say?
"How Do You Kill 11-Million People?"
"Lie to them."
1958's "Current Communist Goals"
Question: How many Goals are accomplished?
Read into the Congressional Record of the U.S. House Of Representative on January 10, 1962 under unanimous consent.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to nuclear war.
2. U.S. willingness to surrender in preference to engaging in nuclear war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchevâ€™s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban nuclear tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a One-World Government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachersâ€™ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. â€œOur plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.â€
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them â€œcensorshipâ€ and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as â€œnormal, natural, healthy.â€
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with â€œsocialâ€ religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a â€œreligious crutch.â€
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of â€œseparation of church and state.â€
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the â€œcommon man.â€
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the â€œbig picture.â€ Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the cultureâ€“education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities (1938â€“1975) .
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use â€œunited forceâ€ to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
Sweet Victory: Congressional Progressive Caucus Gets in Gear, May 20, 2005.
Current Congressional Progressive Caucus List
The Progressive Promise Fairness For All