A Portland personal injury attorney comes to assistance in cases of vehicle accident, pet animal attack, medical malpractice, and workplace injuries. Unfortunately, in some accidents, the victim becomes a handicap for life or suffers from expensive injuries because of somebody else’s negligence or recklessness.
In such a case, the Portland car accident lawyer can assist you file a lawsuit against public authority and even the civic officials, not just individuals. Nevertheless, it is mandatory that before you plunge into the legal battlefield, you have appropriate medical reports, police report about the accident, photographs of the site, strong evidence, and testimonies of witnesses to support your case.
Precautions that you should take
- Call medical help even if you or your family is not seriously injured. Many times, you feel pain later, especially in cases of bone fracture or bruises. Even in head injuries, you may not feel the impact on the scene.
- If possible, click photos of the damaged vehicle, scattered glass, spilled blood, injured area of the body, and the surroundings. Click whatever you feel would be useful for your case. The Portland personal injury attorney would appreciate your presence of mind!
- Note all the important details of the accident. It includes time, date, and place of accident, type of injuries sustained, medical expenses, witness’s statement, and others. Observe keenly. Check out for traffic conditions, weather conditions, malfunctioning signals, and others.
- Call the cops and file a report. Always get a copy of the report. In case the cops start accusing you, wait not for a second to call the Portland personal injury attorney.
- Eyewitnesses are crucial. As far as possible, get people to talk in favor of you. This can prove quite useful later in court. Many times, an almost lost case can be won with a witness’s statement on time.
- Practical evidence work better than the verbal or written descriptions do. For example, a piece of broken car glass or photo of the crash can create more impact in the courtroom than a mere statement. This holds more important in case of injury in the emergency room. The Portland medical malpractice attorney guides you in collecting such evidence.
- Contact your insurance company. You must deliver them a notification in the form of a letter. Certain insurers try to take advantage of the victim’s ignorance. They attempt to avoid paying the right insurance coverage. A competent Portland personal injury attorney can protect your coverage rights.
In case of birth injuries, the parents must click photo of their injured new born. It helps the Portland birth injury lawyer to establish a strong defense. You mustn’t leave everything to your lawyer. Certain common sense actions can render you an edge over your opposing party. It’s like winning half the battle.
Portland malpractice lawyer or personal injury lawyer takes care of the other half. The law has given rights to every citizen. Even the offender has some privileges. Therefore, whether you’re the victim or the offender in an accident, call a Portland personal injury attorney and protect your rights.