Let's face it, when we break up with someone that we deem special, there is a mourning period. Getting over an ex. can be hard. Losing a lover in a relationship can be almost as devastating as losing someone to death. But, it's alright to live through the grief, however, if it's months or over a year later, there could be problem 'Houston.'
You may not be over your ex, if you are doing these things:
- You think of him/her more than a few times a day.
- Their phone number is still on your speed dial.
- Your ex's photo is your computer screensaver.
- You name your new pet, after your ex.
- Every room in your home has mementos of your relationship.
- You go to your old haunts, hoping to run into him, by accident.
- Your ringtone is a special song that you shared.
- Every time the phone rings, you think it's your ex.
- You still sleep in that t-shirt with your pictures on the front.
- You keep calling your new love by his/her name.
- You place an extra gift under the Christmas tree, just in case he/she shows up.
- You are tempted to take a ride by his/her home, and this person lives two hours away.
It's time to drop your baggage, get over your ex. and move on. I am a romantic and am all for couples working things out, but, sometimes dreams become nightmares. Change your screensaver, take that number off speed dial, rename Phil/Phyllis, burn that ratty t-shirt, and beg your new love for forgiveness, if he/she is still around. Get over your ex; don't invest anymore time in a dead relationship.