Most of us are familiar with China as a unique, exotic land with a rich and colorful culture. Today, the country has taken center stage and has stirred the interest of the rest of the world, and it is quite easy to understand why. In so many ways, the western culture has embraced a small part of China into the modern life.
Epicureans travel to China to enjoy the sumptuous gastronomic creations of celebrated Chinese chefs. A growing number of Chinese restaurants are now a favorite among many people across different cultures. Architects and architecture buffs have devoted time to study the intricate structures of this country â€“ of both old and new. Then there is also the strong interest in Chinese movies, sports, medicine and their way of life. However, the best way to truly experience the authentic taste of China is to gain firsthand experience.
There is no better time to visit this majestic place than now. If you still have not quite decided on your next travel destination, here are some of the wonderful highlights of China you simply cannot ignore or miss out on.
1. The past 2008 Olympics held in Beijing have successfully set the standards of the future Olympic events in terms of the technological advancements and architectural scales. The Olympic buildings are definitely important attractions you have to see for yourself to fully appreciate its grandeur.
2. The Great Wall of China remains to be among the famous ancient landmarks, stretching more than 4, 000 mile. It was constructed during the Ming Dynasty to fortify their defense system and prevent Mongol invaders from entering China. Being able to personally witness the largest man-made monument that has been ever built is truly awe-inspiring.
3. Shanghai offers an authentic taste of China, as its economic center. If you are especially fond of Chinese food, this is one destination to need to check as it is rapidly recognized as the culinary capital. Sample an oriental feast amid the background of its fascinating history and innovate architecture â€“ a perfect blend of the old and new.
4. There are only less than a handful places in the world that could ever rival the old world splendor of Beijingâ€™s Forbidden City. This is an Imperial Palace built during the Qing and Mind dynasties. It is now known as the Palace Museum, which is easily the largest palace complex in existence today.
5. For travelers who are keen on getting great bargain items, the shopping scene of China is alive and pulsing with vibrant energy. Purchase gadgets, clothes, and other consumer products at only a fraction of the cost.
While these are a small sneak peek of what you can look forward to a trip to China, you actually donâ€™t need more reasons to go ahead and book that flight. Itâ€™s a great adventure waiting for you. Before setting off on your grand adventure, check China visa application and passport requirements.