I thought i would share with you a recipe that I have altered to turn it into my own...I hope you enjoy:
2 cups long grain white rice
1 1/2 cups sweet corn or mixed diced vegetables
3 eggs lightly beaten
2 slices of rindless bacon diced
1 cup small cooked prawns
1 cup bean sprouts, blanched & drained
1 tbsp soy or fish sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Salt & pepper
- Measure rice & 3 1/4 cups water into a saucepan with a heavy base. Cover & bring to the boil, reduce heat to low & cook, tightly covered for 12 mins. Tip into a bowl & stir up. Set aside to cool.
- Boil vegetables in lightly salted water for 3 mins & drain well.
- In a wok heat 2-3 tsp oil over medium high heat.
- Add the eggs & tilt the wok to spread the egg. Break up with a fork & cook until barely firm. Tip onto a plate to cool.
- Wipe out the wok & return to high heat.
- Swirl in 2 tsp oil & stir-fry bacon until cooked.
- Add another 1 1/2 tsp oil & when it is hot add vegetables & bean sprouts & stir-fry briefly.
- Stir in the cooked rice, soy or fish sauce & sweet chilli saice & stir-fry over high heat, keeping the ingredients constantly moving & turning until well mixed & the rice is heated through.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & stir in the egg & prawns, mixing evenly.