We have all watched GOP candidate Mitt Romney skate through to what will likely become the nominee. The problem is that he doesn't deserve it. Let me present my reasons for thinking this:
1. He is NOT resonating with the real GOP voters or Independents, but the media who have consistently dubbed him the nominee and said it was his to lose.
2. Iowa proved he is not the choice of the people. An 8 vote win is not a "jump up and down" moment, but a slam that for all the millions he spent in the state which he rarely visited, someone with lots less money who earned votes the old fashioned way, boots on the ground, was able to come in there and make him sweat.
3. This whole GOP field sucks. Let's be frank. None of them has me wanting to go knock on doors or pick up the phone for them, and Romney especially.
I begin to worry when the media gives candidates a break and slams anyone other than their choice. I am not talking about their choice for President, but choice in the match up. No matter what anyone says, they do have a bias.
Things the media ignored or played down:
1. Mitt Romney said he would send troops back to Iraq during the debate on Saturday evening. Fortunately for us Iraq does not want us back.
2. He flip-flops on anything he needs to in order to pick up a vote. Is that a real leader, one who changes with the latest poll?
3. Aside from the money issue, the media has pretty much slammed all of his opponents, and left him alone.
4. Romney makes way too many gaffes for him to be the nominee without EARNING it.
What do you think?