Some people may view abstract painting as a mere mixture of lines and colors, some even see it as an art work that can easily be compared to that of a child's art, there will be only the one who really understand abstract's meaning who will know that they are require to look more into the meanings that come with every masterpiece because indeed, looking deeper into abstract paintings will give you a chance to experience the feelings that each line, color, and form invokes.
How to appreciate abstract paintings?
To really enjoy a pure abstract representation you must be looking at its sensation of colors, patterns, lines and shapes. The study of the painting beforehand, such as the artist who creates that painting, his/her environment, culture and state of mind should give you a wider viewpoint.
Ideas for abstract paintings.
Abstract artists usually create abstract paintings using non-visual object like emotion or feeling about thing that come up in their mind. It can be the feeling about love, fear, hearing sound, atmosphere, nature, etc. and represent it in the form of mixture colors and lines. The organs like heart, lungs or kidneys can sometime be portrayed on abstract paintings as well.
To be able to produce the most beautiful abstract painting which also represents the right message to onlookers, here are some helpful abstract painting techniques you can use:
1. Drip Painting - As the words indicate, this technique will allow you to come up with a unique work of art by simply letting the paint drip off the paint brush or from the paint container itself and once the paint hits the canvas, the artist with the help of gravity can allow the paint to simply glide to its desired location.
2. Splatter Painting - This abstract painting technique is not much different with Drip Painting but instead of letting the paint right out of its container ooze its way to create art, with splatter painting, the artist can blow paint from straws or use toothbrushes to create various and outstanding effects.
3. Mixed Mediums - This is a form of abstract painting that allows the artist use paints along with other mediums to form a collage. Strips of textiles and papers are arranged and glued on the canvas the way the artist prefers it to appear.
4. Geometric Design is abstract design with all the tension and drama. This type of artwork focuses on sharp geometric lines to create a distinct work of art.
5. Free Form Painting Technique - As the name say it, artist freely choose any color they like, doodling it on canvas to expression their feeling in mind.
Abstract paintings provide an artist with endless variety, and it certainly is one of the best ways for the artist to effectively express one's self thru the use of different techniques and by simply letting the imagination prevail.
This article, the best article ever, kindly provided by UberArticles.com
Rose Iadsai the founder of Samui Art Gallery, the genuine handmade oil paintings gallery Thailand. Offering special discount prices Buddha oil paintings, Pop Art, Abstract Art and much more. She is also offering tips and techniques to create, sale and buy abstract paintings online.
cary painting: cary painting