Gingerbread Men Cookies
Make sure you are quick because this classical character from old classic tale which is also a classical and old time favorite cookie will easily disappear before they even land in the cookie jar or on the cookie plate. Gingerbread Men are one my old time loveable cookies I like to have with the Winter Holidays. So don’t forget the classic and have fun making them with your loves one as well enjoy eating them as well. Happy Baking!!!
Dough Chilling Time: 2 hours
Preheat Oven Temp: 350
Cookie Bake Time: 10-12 Minutes
Total cookies: 2 ½ Dozen cookies
1 Cup of packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup of shortening
1 ½ Cup of Molasses
2/3 Cup of cold water
7 Cups of all purpose flour
2 Teaspoon baking soda
2 Teaspoon ground ginger
1 Teaspoon of ground allspice
1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of ground cloves
½ Teaspoon of salt
1) In a large mixing bowl beat in brown sugar, shortening, molasses, and water with an electric mixer on medium speed, until it is mix well, and scraped on the side to make sure you have all the ingredients inside.
2) Gradually add all the spices, salt, and baking soda into the mixture.
3) Gradually add the flour ½ cups at a time, scrape on the side occasionally before adding more flour. The dough will get more difficult for the machine to mix, and begin to be easy to handle.
4) Once it is all mix in divide the dough into 2 to 4 rolls in wax paper and let it chill in the fridge for 2 hours before use. (Note: if you let it chill longer than 4 hours then let the dough rest for 30 minutes before handling).
5) Preheat the oven for 350 degrees.
6) Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
7) Roll out the dough on lightly floured surface, rolled out ¼ inch thick and take out your gingerbread man cookie cutter and beginning cutting the dough.
8) Decorate with dried decorations such as sprinkles, m&m, or any other choice of decorations.
9) Place cookies on the sheet and bake them for 10 to 12 minutes or till its lightly brown.
10)Once cookies are done let it rest for 3o minutes on the cookie wire before using icing decorations if desire.
11)If you are using icing, please let the icing dry within 30 minutes before stacking cookie or packing them away as a Christmas gift.
12)Most of enjoy your delicious work of artJ.