Peppermint Russian Tea Cakes
This little elegant treats remind me of powder snowballs that simply melt in your mouth with winter fresh flavor. It quick and easy treats to make that you can have the whole family to make. I especially enjoy with a simple herbal tea or right after dinner to have a freshening taste and breathJ. I hope you enjoy and keep warm.
Makes: 2 Dozen Cookies
Baking Temp: 400
Baking Time: 7 Minutes
1 Cup of butter
½ Cup of powder sugar
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ Cup of crush hard peppermint candy (divided)
¼ Teaspoon of salt
2 ¼ Cups of flour
1) Preheat oven to 400 degree. Meanwhile in a large bowl beat in butter and powder sugar together for 30 seconds. Remember to scraped occasionally on the side.
2) Then stirred vanilla extract and ¼ cup of crushed lemon drops into the mixture.
3) Then stir in the salt and cups of flour gradually, and let the mixture mix well till it forms dough. The dough should not be too dry or too wet. The texture should be easy to handle.
4) Make 1 inch size balls and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet and place it in the oven for 7 minutes. (Make sure do not over cooked or let it brown on top otherwise the cookie will be very dry when serve).
5) Once the cookies are done take it out of the oven right away and place it in powder sugar that you had place aside, and lightly coat it with sugar and let cool on the rack for 10 minutes.
6) After 10 minutes has passed, lightly coat the ball a second time around with powder sugar and then place it in the left over crushed peppermint candies.
7) Then let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.