I started a new job in late August and I moved across country. So I have been lax about both reading and posting. Here is my update for the last few months of which I have been really busy teaching six college classes.
So here is my progress so far. In the latter part of July I have done a lot better. I am catching up. It is starting to look more likely that I will hit my goal.
1. Sleeping with the Fishes by Mary Janice Davidson
2. He's Just Not That Into You By Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
4. Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
5. Fireflies by Ally Blue
6. Evermore by Alyson Noel
7. To Kill a Warlock by H.P. Mallory
8. A Tale of Two Goblins by H.P. Mallory
9. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
10. Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
11. Stalking Darkness by Lynn Flewelling
12. Traitor's Moon by Lynn Flewelling
13. Pet Noir by Pati Nagle (eBook)
14. Making Rounds With Oscar by David Dosa
15. Second Hand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell
16. Cleo-The Cat that Mended a Family by Helen Brown
17. Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millionsby Vicki Myron
18. Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast
19. Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgard
20. Dark and Stormy Knights edited by P.N. Elrod
21. Knitting by Anne Bartlett
22. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
23. The Mask of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig
24. The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willing.
I probably will not make my goal of 75 books this year, but its been kind of fun trying. One can try again next year. Knitting wasn't a very good novel. I have already traded it away. I would suggest skipping it. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation was a very good read and I very much enjoyed it. It contains two romances story, one historical and one in the present day surrounded with a decent plot. The Black Tulip and Emerald Ring follow suit with characters just as interesting as in the first novel. I am right now reading the Seduction of the Crimson Rose which I am afraid won't be as good because the characters we are starting with are not as compelling as in the other novels, and while there are a few more books in this series I may be stopping here and moving on to other novels I have acquired in the back month or so. Until my next update, Happy Reading.