Let's get this started!!
I am happy that you've decided to join me on this challenge. I know I do better when I have support and people going through it with me. I wanted to take a few minutes and go over the basics of the challenge. If anyone wants to join this challenge at any time during the next two months thats fine too, so don't worry if you are reading this after November 1st.
If you can think of something else that will help yo If you think of anything that will help others that I have not covered please let me know!
You don't have to share your current weight, or your weight when the challenge is over. You can share how much you're hoping to lose if you want to though. You can also share what you lose each week. I realize sharing weight on a public forum can freak some people out. It's all about what makes you comfortable!
BASICS OF THE 2011 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
- Please make sure you belong to one or all three of the groups below.
- This challenge is two months long. I realize you won't be able to post every single day but if you can, GREAT. You can either post a daily diary of what you're doing on the challenge, or you can post a weekly summary. It's all up to you and what you think will work best for you. Some things to add in your posts are, what you're eating that's good for you (or bad if you need help in that area) activities you are getting in for exercise, struggles and/or successes your having.
- Make sure to try and get some sort of activity most days of the week. I realize we're all not up for 5 mile runs every day, so walking is one thing we can do. It can be as simple as a 10 minute walk an your lunch hour or playing Wii for awhile with your kids. Whatever we can fit in!
- Share recipes with us. With Thanksgiviving coming up in a few weeks we should try and come up with healthy food ideas. We can post healthy ways to make our favorite dishes, or we can post our favorite ones to get ideas from everyone else on how to make it healthy.
- Try and drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. I hate plain water so i'll sometimes substitute sugar free tea. I know some people add lemon or lime slices to water too.
If you'd like to post a before and after picture, please do! It's not mandatory, but it may help you see your progress when the scale isn't budging as fast as you'd like for it too.
If you see another person in the challenge struggling offer some support. Losing weight is hard and sometimes just a kind word can help. I know a kind word from someone has kept me from more than one binge!
I'll be posting stuff for the challenge most days until the end of December. IF I can help you in any way please ask! I appreciate your support on this, and I look forward to all of us losing some weight!!