A Southern California man was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns and allegedly had 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.
By southern California standards, someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable. If he lived elsewhere:
- In Arizona, he'd be called "an avid gun collector."
- In Texas, he'd be called "a novice gun collector."
- In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.
- In Montana, he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."
- In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."
- In Washington, he'd be a "retired Policeman"
- And, in Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."
I am glad I live in NORTHERN California...
Take note of this quote from