“Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting”
(Butterscotch pumpkin decoration) II
It’s amazing how a little difference can change the outlook of the cupcake and the taste. In this little experiment I decided to go off the book add my little topping which was to make little pumpkin toppings with melted butterscotch chips. So I hope you enjoy the little change, check out and see what you think J
Preheat 350 degree
Bake 20-25 minutes
1 Cup of pumpkin (15oz)
1 ½ Teaspoon pumpkin spice
½ Teaspoon salt
1 Cup of butter (softened)
1 ¼ Cups of sugar
2-1/3 Cup of flour
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
½ Cup of milk
1) Preheat the oven 350 degree and get the 24 cupcake cups ready in the muffin tin.
2) In a medium size bowl, mix pumpkin pie spice, salt, and pumpkin and mix well.
3) In a medium size bowl, have flour and baking powder aside.
4) In a large bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds, after butter is ready gradually add sugar ¼ at a time until its well blend, occasionally scrape the bowl. When all the sugar is in, let it continue to mix for 2 minutes.
5) Then add eggs one at time and mix well before pouring the vanilla extract into the mixture.
6) Then pour the pumpkin mixture inside and occasionally scrape the bowl aside to make sure the mixture will mix well.
7) Then add the flour mixture 1/3 cup at a time while pouring the milk ½ of the time.
8) Once the mixture is well blend, divide the batter and fill about ½ of the batter in the cupcake.
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes or till insert the tooth pick, and comes out clean, pull it out and let it cool for 5 minutes before placing it on the rack to cool for 30-40 minutes before placing cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 Package of (16 oz) cream cheese softened
½ Cup of butter or margarine, softened
2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 Teaspoon of milk
2- 1/3 Cups of powdered sugar (if wished to sweeten much more add additional until it’s to your liking)
Food Coloring: Red and yellow
1) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and 4 teaspoon of milk with electric mixture on a low speed, until frosting begins to become smooth.
2) Then beat in 1/3 cups at a time of powdered sugar. Gradually beat in just enough for the frosting to be spreadable and smooth.
3) Then place the cream cheese frosting in the fridge till cupcakes are ready, or wait to the very least for 15 minutes before use.
4) Drop 5 drops of yellow and 2 drops of red and mix well before placing on the cupcake.
½ Cup of butterscotch chips
1 tube of green icing (for the stem)
1) Create a double boiler system to melt the butterscotch correctly, ( place small sauce pot, filled the water only ½ way and place a bowl that is big enough to cover the pot (do do not use plastic bowls, instead use ceramic or melt bowl)
2) Place the chips inside and let in melt, and gradually stir. Keep stir till it’s completed melted and smooth.
3) Once the chips are a smooth texture pour it on a bake sheet with a wax paper on top, and pour the chips on the waxy side and spread it out till its 1/8 inch thick.
4) Let the butterscotch chip cool for 8 minutes or till its firm to handle.
5) Carefully place a mini cookie cutter of pumpkin or something similar shape of pumpkin and press the pumpkin out.
6) Transfer it over to another wax cover surface and let it cool till you are ready to use your cupcake is completely cool for decoration.
7) Take it out and use the green icing and draw in the stem and leaves. Have fun with it because it’s your creations.
8) Wait till icing is completely dry and place it on top of your cupcakeJ.
9) Then add a little magical orange sprinkles and you have a sparkling creation that simply taste delightful.