Note: Plan on making the raw dough a day or two ahead of serving the pizza.
Raw Thai Pizza
Sprouted Buckwheat Pizza Crust
2 cups buckwheat groats
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- Soak the buckwheat groats in water overnight. Rinse and drain well the next day. Place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture on Texflex sheets and dehydrate for 8 to 12 hours. Turn it out onto mesh screens and dehydrate another 1 to 2 hours at 105ÂºF.
- Alternatively, dehydrate on full at 150ÂºF for 1 to 2 hours, then decrease to 105ÂºF and dehydrate until dry but still soft, 2 to 4 hours.
Makes enough dough for 3 large or 6 small pizzas
Thai Pizza Sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, chopped
1-in. ginger root, skinned and chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 Tbsp, unrefined sesame oil
1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. Nama Shoyu
1/4 cup raw almond butter
- In a blender, process all ingredients until well combined.
Makes enough sauce for 1 large or 2 small pizzas
- Spread sauce on dehydrated pizza crust.
- Add your choice of vegetable toppings: shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, sliced tomatoes or quartered cherry tomatoes, sliced scallions, bean sprouts, or chopped cilantro.
- Dehydrate at 105ÂºF for an hour, if desired, and serve.
Recipe createdÂ by Carissa Leventis-Cox of Mama in the Kitchen, and she ain't cookin'! ~ a great raw food blog that really comes in handy in South Florida where it is still too hot to cook!