Thank you to RecipeLion.com for the recipe.
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 4 dried mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine, optional
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, freshly grated
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, flour, basil, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with mixture; set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms and break into small pieces; remove and discard stems. Place mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and onion in slow cooker. Place chicken pieces on top.
- In a bowl, combine wine, if using, tomato sauce and lemon peel; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over pasta; top with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
This recipe only costs $.81 per serving!