Bones has just begun a 3-week hiatus, and in the episode before the break, "The Blackout in the Blizzard," Angela and Hodgins received bad news that could affect their baby's health. Unfortunately it sounds like that's not the end of the bad news for the couple.
Michaela Conlin on what's to come
According to Entertainment Weekly, Michaela Conlin, who plays Angela, has said, "They have another scare coming. It's a crazy little end of the season for them." In "The Blackout in the Blizzard," first Angela, and then Hodgins, found out that they're each an LCA carrier, which means that there is a 25 percent chance that their baby will be blind. Though they're obviously concerned, the couple was there for one another and they're trying to remain optimistic about the 75 percent chance that everything will be fine.
So will fans get to see Angela give birth on Bones before season's end? Michaela Conlin hopes that's the case so she doesn't have to wear the pregnancy suit as part of her wardrobe anymore. However, she doesn't want her character to have "a traditional labor scene" when the time comes: "I would do it, obviously, but I can't say that that's on the top of my list of favorite things. TJ and I have been joking about how hilarious that would be to shoot. I have not spoken to [creator Hart Hanson] about that. I would hope that it's something really unconventional, giving Angela's crazy past." That does seem like a likely scenario for this couple, who did get married in a jail cell. But perhaps a traditional birth would be just "crazy" enough for these two because no one would really expect it. How do you think Angela will wind up giving birth? It seems like it could happen in the middle of a big caseÂ—perhaps while they're wrapping up the sniper Jacob Broadsky arc?
Are you worried for the future of Angela and Hodgins's baby on Bones?
Photo Source: WikiMedia Commons
Â© Meredith Jacobs 2011