I posted previously showing off my daughter's prom dress, My Daughter's Prom Dress , and still find myself browsing through the offerings. While we were trying on dresses, I found out from the staff there that prints are HOT for 2011 prom dresses. That's probably how my daughter ended up with the dress she ultimately chose. In searching for this post, I found, not only oodles of dresses, but all the info to insure a successful Prom Night, including these Top 10 trends for 2011:
1. A Rosette-y Disposition: fabric twirled into floral rosettes adds a trendy, feminine accent for a prom dress blooming with style.
2. Prints Charm-ing: capture your Prom dateâ€™s heart wearing multi-color tulle layered over novel graphics or muted florals for an up-to-the-minute Princess look.
3. Easy Breezy: free-moving chiffon or satin dresses in relaxed silhouettes exude a soft, graceful look.
4. One-Shoulder Starlet: make a dramatic entrance wearing this Hollywood design right from the red carpet.
5. Shady Lady: eye-catching ombrÃ© fabric subtly progresses from light to dark for a super-sophisticated impact.
6. Untamed Glamour: tiger and zebra stripes, leopard and giraffe spots â€“ oh my! Animal prints show off your wild side before you even hit the dance floor.
7. Cut it Short: whether itâ€™s a poufy skirt or a flowing baby doll, hems above the knee show off your sexy legs and hike up the fun factor.
8. Candy Land Colors: bubblegum, grape, lemon drop: great fashion taste comes in delicious colors. Yum!
9. Painted Lady: splashy patterns fresh off a painterâ€™s canvas create a Prom dress that doubles as a work of art.
10. Flower Power: buds bloom in all sizes and vivid colors for that very girly look perfect for Spring!
Now, for the Fashion Show...