Valentine's Day is the day for a person to show someone how much they love them. Many people want to show their deep true feelings to their boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, best friend, parents and want to come off as sincere and true.
One of the best ways to show someone you love how much they mean to you on Valentine's Day and other occasions is to write them a poem from your heart. There are also many brilliant poets who have written love poems that you could use if you don't want to write one or yourself or are finding it hard. Take the person you love aside and recite the poem you choose to them whilst staring in their eyes. This can be as emotional and gratifying to the one you love as a poem you write them yourself.
Now, if you have decided you want to write a poem yourself that shows someone how much you love them, here is how you can get started.
1. Decide whether or not you want it to rhyme or if you want it to be freeverse.
2. Do you want it to be funny or not?
3. Do you want to personalize the poem? Using their name, places you've been, things you have done together?
4. Write from your heart. Let your feelings and emotions flow. You can always edit and revise if you think you've written too much.
5. Let the poem show them that you love them directly or indirectly. You mean the world to me, I feel like I'm in heaven every day I'm with you, Being with you makes me believe in God are all lines that tell someone you love them without having to say "I Love You".
These are just some quick tips in how you can write a love poem. Don't worry if you think the poem sucks or is no good, the person the poem is intended for will love the effort and time you put into the poem and will love it no matter how brilliant it actually is.