I am bombarded with lies and deceit constantly. It is almost impossible to get to the real truth with the media bias that is so prevalent today. America is failing because of this. It will not be the financial breakdown nor will it be the corporate takeovers. It will not even be the overzealous greenpeacers that bring us to our doom. It will be the lack of truth in society.
I spend hours reading news every day. Consistently catching myself, I read it, then research it just to find out that the issue was spun into a complete fabricated lie.
1. Obamacare will be a net positive. (lie).
2. Obamacare will be a net neutral. (lie).
3. Obamacare will cost 1.8 trillion (truth).
4. Repealing Obamacare will cost 230 billion (lie).
5. Repealing Obamacare will not cost anything (truth).
6. Our figures are based on 10 years of payments with 6 years of benefits (misdirection because who is going to pay for the other 4?) (lie)
- Tom DeLay didnt funnel money (lie).
- "I didnt inhale" Clinton (lie)
- "I didnt have sex with that woman" Clinton (lie)
- Arizona shooter was a republican/tea party (lie)
- Arizona shooter was a liberal socialist who donated to Obama's campaign (truth)
- Arizona shooter was a complete nut job and no one but himself is to blame (truth)
1. Global warming will raise the seas 40 feet (lie)
2. Global warming will raise the seas 20 feet (lie)
3. Global warming is killing the polar bears (lie)
4. Polar bear population has grown over 200% in 20 years (truth)
5. CO2 is a potent greenhouse gas (lie)
6. Global warming is now called Climate change...and we are going to freeze (lie)
7. Climate change is actually making the earth hotter, even if we are freezing (lie)
8. Climate change was created to redistribute wealth (truth)
The fed says "we" should tighten our belts and get ready for a bumpy ride because "we" overspent. SO we need a stimulus package to help us get back on track....
The $787 billion stimulus bill was passed in February and was promised as a job saver and economy booster. Here is where some of the money went:
- $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state. (REALLY?)
- $30 million for a spring training baseball complex for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies.
- $11 million for Microsoft to build a bridge connecting its two headquarter campuses in Redmond, Wash., which are separated by a highway. (the richest coporation got stimulus??)
- $430,000 to repair a bridge in Iowa County, Wis., that carries 10 or fewer cars per day.
- $800,000 for the John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pa., serving about 20 passengers per day, to build a backup runway.
- $219,000 for Syracuse University to study the sex lives of freshmen women. (i'd do that for free)
- $2.3 million for the U.S. Forest Service to rear large numbers of arthropods, including the Asian longhorned beetle, the nun moth and the woolly adelgid.
- $3.4 million for a 13-foot tunnel for turtles and other wildlife attempting to cross U.S. 27 in Lake Jackson, Fla. (greenpeacers)
- $1.15 million to install a guardrail for a persistently dry lake bed in Guymon, Okla. (death by dirt?)
- $9.38 million to renovate a century-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for three decades. (9 freaking million?)
- $2.5 million in stimulus checks sent to the deceased. (Fed at its best)
- $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minn. (really?)
- $173,834 to weatherize eight pickup trucks in Madison County, Ill. (that would buy 10 trucks...)
- $20,000 for a fish sperm freezer at the Gavins Point National Fish Hatchery in South Dakota.
- $380,000 to spay and neuter pets in Wichita, Kan.
- $300 apiece for thousands of signs at road construction sites across the country announcing that the projects are funded by stimulus money.
- $1.5 million for a fence to block would-be jumpers from leaping off the All-American Bridge in Akron, Ohio.
- $1 million to study the health effects of environmentally friendly public housing on 300 people in Chicago. (just give it to the 300 people...they'd be happier)
- $356,000 for Indiana University to study childhood comprehension of foreign accents compared with native speech.
- $983,952 for street beautification in Ann Arbor, Mich., including decorative lighting, trees, benches and bike paths.
- $148,438 for Washington State University to analyze the use of marijuana in conjunction with medications like morphine.
- $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri
- $3.1 million to transform a canal barge into a floating museum that will travel the Erie Canal in New York state.
- $1.3 million on government arts jobs in Maine, including $30,000 for basket makers, $20,000 for storytelling and $12,500 for a music festival.
- $71,000 for a hybrid car to be used by student drivers in Colchester, Vt., as well as a plug-in hybrid for town workers decked out with a sign touting the vehicle's energy efficiency.
- $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
CRAP... ALL FREAKING CRAP that doesnt stimulate our economy at all...
Our elected leaders do not care what we think. They lie to our faces - both republican and democrat...and they do not care. They know we'll take it and just bicker amongst ourselves. They take our money, change our lives and then tell us we're broke. I do not believe anyone in government and that goes from the top down. Liars, all of them and we accept that. We condone that because we are not truthful here either. Articles are written here that are completely filled with half-truths to make their argument better.
Our society is no longer based on speaking truth. No longer is a handshake worth anything. People look you in the eyes and flat out lie. How are we going to vote to make things better when we cannot see what is the truth? We are stuck in a quagmire of deceit and misdirection. We are stuck…
I think what bothers me the most is that our representatives are supposed to be the better person. They are the ones that follow rules and are honest and trustworthy. In high school, I do not remember choosing the best liar for class president. What happened? What changed from then to now?
We have to elect people who will tell us the truth...regardless of how bad the news sucks. It is what it is. I only hope that I will see a candidate that will be a stand up person and follow through with promises (and not overpromise).
Truth. America is failing from the inside. We are doing it to ourselves.