With only a few days left before the new year, I'm going to conclude my 2010 reading list.
This is my previous posted books for 2010:
- Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #3) by Charlaine Harris
- Dhampir by Barb and J.C. Hendee
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
- Specials by Scott Westerfeld
- Immortals by Gillian Shields
- The Secret Hour (Midnighters Series) by Scott Westerfeld
- Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
- The Ship Who Sang by Anne McCaffrey
- Darkfever (Fever series 1) by Karen Marie Moning
- Bloodfever (Fever series 2) by Karen Marie Moning
- Faefever (Fever series 3) by Karen Marie Moning
- Dreamfever (Fever series 4) by Karen Marie Moning
- Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy) by Suzanne Collins
After my last posting, life just got terribly hectic. I haven't had a whole lot of reading time. I was hoping to accomplish 50 books in a year, but once again that hasn't been able to happen.
Here is the last of my reading list for 2010:
- Alanna by Tamora Pierce
- In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
- The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce
- Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Thief of Lives by Barb and J.C. Hendee
- Sister of the Deadby Barb and J.C. Hendee
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Lightning Thiefby Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Sea of Monstersby Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Titans Curseby Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Battle of the Labyrinthby Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Last Olympianby Rick Riordan
Right now I am reading the last Percy Jackson book. I added it because I will be done tonight or tomorrow. My oldest son, 12 years old, is interested in reading the Percy Jackson series. I like to know what my children are reading so I'm reading it also.
If you're interested in Percy Jackson and are a fan of Harry Potter, I do not think the Percy Jackson series is comparable to Harry Potter. The Harry Potter series is better. However, the Percy Jackson series was an enjoyable read for me. As a young teen I did have some interest in Greek mythology and it was fun reading about some of my favorites stories.
I also was able to get Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, the last in the Hunger Games trilogy. I read a lot of complaints by parents before I was able to read the book. A lot of parents were upset with how violent the last book was. My question to these people: What did you really expect? I enjoyed this book and while it wasn't one of those books that "surprised" me, it did meet my expectations.
So there it is, my 2010 read list. Maybe things in 2011 will calm down and I finally meet that 50 book goal!