Here are a few things you can do with baby oil.
- Shave with baby oil instead of shave gel. I find that it helps soften my dry skin, and keeps my skin moisturized longer than lotion.
I use baby oil to get peanut butter out of her hair, and have used it to get gum out of her hair too.
When I want to slip my rings off before I cook a meal or work in the garden, I use baby oil to help the stuck rings slide right off my fingers. Warning: Do not remove your rings over an open sink! The results could be disastrous!
- To keep your arm or leg hair intact, rub some baby oil around a band aid or other adhesive bandage before removing.
- Should a zipper become stuck, use a cotton ball or q-tip to help the zipper slide up and down more easily.
- If a price sticker doesn't peel off as easily as it should, dab a little oil on said offending sticker, let soak into the sticker then wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- When I run out of olive oil, I use baby oil and lemon juice mixed in a spray bottle to polish my wood furniture.
- My necklaces always seem to tangle, but the knot easily comes out when I use a straight pin and a dab of baby oil on the knot.
- Baby oil will remove paint from your skin, and you'll do double duty by not only removing the paint; you'll also soften your skin.
- Baby oil makes a great makeup remover. Dab some on a cotton ball and eye shadow will slide right off. I do not recommend using it on the rest of your face, as it always seems to clog my pores.
- Use when making homemade baby wipes.
- Use to quiet squeaky door hinges if you run out of Vaseline.
- Baby oil keeps my leather bags and shoes supple. Just rub generously into leather with a soft polishing cloth. It also keeps my leather goods waterproof.
- On the rare occasions I get to take a luxuriating bath, I add a couple drops of my favorite essential oil to 1/4 cup of baby oil, and relax for a few minutes before I have to become Mommy again.
- A few drops of baby oil and a polishing cloth will make stainless steel and chrome shine like new.
Since baby oil is mineral oil with fragrance, you can use mineral oil in place of baby oil, if you so wish. While I love baby oil and all it's uses, I must admit that overuse of it can give me a headache, thanks to the gaggy fragrance. I had to use it for my oldest daughter's cradle cap, at which time I switched to plain mineral oil.