1. Poor water chemistry
2. Failure to early detect signs that the pump is breaking.
What do I mean with that? Well, inside the pump between the "dry end" of the pump, the motor, and the "wet end" of the pump, the wet end, is a small ceramic seal. That seal is always in contact. And it is therefore susceptible to the condition of the water.
If the spa water pH is to low (below 7.0 pH) the acid in the water will start to corrode. And if that situation continues without being detected the seal will develop a small leak. That leak will be a trickle at first and almost impossible to detect.
Over time you will start to see a little steady stream of water appear from the bottom (=you have trouble).
If you are able to catch the leak at this stage, your spa repair will probably consist of basically replacing the seal. It will cost you under $200. But, if this leak keeps increasing undetected, your will most likely get into a situation where water is starting to leak in to the motor. The motor will then size up or stop working.
The point of this story is; If you see
just a trickle of water coming out from underneath you spa. Turn off the spa, turn off the circuit breaker feeding the spa and call you Spa Repair Company.
What can you as a home owner do yourself to avoid costly spa repairs?
1. Check the water chemistry in the spa every week. If you cannot do that, then hire Hot Tub Service Company. It will safe you lots of money over the lifetime of your spa.
2. Do a Drain and Clean of the spa at least two times twice per year, more if you use the spa often
3. Hire a hot tub company that will come to your house once per year and perform a preventative maintenance checkup. This will cost you around $100, but it is money spent wisely. Hot Tub Repair
Early signals to pay attention to;
1. Small trickle of water coming out from under the spa.
2. The sound from the pump is "noisy"
3. The water pressure from the jetsis not as strong as usual
Make a weekly habit to check on your spa. Spa repair will quickly become very costly
END AKISMET -->
This article has been flagged as spam, if you think this is an error please contact us.