With X-Factor coming to America within the next year, now is the perfect time to highlight some of the talents to come from the show. But let's face it, a list on the UK version of the hit TV show would be just plain boring. It's not like we don't know which worldwide diva singer would top that one (hint: her name may or may not be Leona Lewis). So without further ado, I present you some of the most memorable acts from around the X-Factor world (so far, that is...).
5. Jaap Van Reesma - X-Factor Netherlands- Jaap won the title in 2010 and subsequently released his winner's song, a take on the Journey classic "Don't Stop Believin'". The song went to #1 on the Dutch charts.
4. Marco Mengoni - X-Factor Italy - Marco won the 2009 edition of the Italian version of X-Factor. His first album charted at #9 on the Italian charts, but his second topped the charts at #1. His first single also debuted at #1.
3. Alien Beat Club - X-Factor Denmark - This foursome were runners-up on the second series of the wildly popular Danish version of the X-Factor in 2009. Their first single, "My Way", skyrocketed to #1 on the Danish charts.
2. Tom Dice - X-Factor Belgium - Tom finished second on the Flemish version of X-Factor in 2008. Since then, he's had a #1 album and and #1 song on his native charts called "Me and My Guitar", which was also his Eurovision contest entry. He finished 6th in that contest.
1. Basim Moujahid - X-Factor Denmark - Basim may have only finished 4th place in the first ever Danish X-Factor, but he created quite a steady stream of Danish hits after his time on the show. Although he doesn't sing much in English on his own original tracks (unlike many of the above have), his music makes him sound a lot like a Danish Chris Brown (circa-before his public troubles).