Ricki Lake and her two children escaped a fire after her rented Malibu home went ablaze. The fire was set after Ricki Lake began to refuel a portable heater next to her couch. Suddenly, her couch set fire.
Lake was able to escape safely from the fire with her two sons and their dog. When the first fire truck pulled up to Ricki Lakeâ€™s home, the family was already safely outside.
Flames were shooting up to 30 feet in the air, which caused the fire to burn the attic and the roof. The firefighters used â€œpower tools to cut into gates of adjacent houses to protect them.â€
The fire at Lakeâ€™s house was extinguished after only 20 minutes. Even though, the firefighters worked extremely hard to salvage the home, it suffered extensive damage from the fire. Ricki Lakeâ€™s home is located â€œjust west of Topanga Beach.â€
She first became famous as an actress, before she started her popular syndicated daytime talk show, which was named after her. She also starred in the movie â€œHairspray.â€
Even though, Ricki Lakeâ€™s home does not appear salvageable, it is good that her children and her were able to escape unharmed from the fire.