Cici's has what I call a "Taco Pizza" that I absolutely love. We don't get to eat out often, but a few weeks ago there were coupons for Cici's Pizza in Sunday's paper that were for buy one adult buffet get a child's buffet free. I had 2 coupons and used them both to get the for of us food at Cici's for just over $10 when we ordered waters to drink. I instantly asked them to fix the "Taco Pizza", which they did, and I ate like 8 slices of it I think. (Hey now! I'm pregnant, and they're thin slices!) The next few days found me craving more of that pizza. I couldn't get it out of my head. Finally I decided I could make one of my own and attempt to copycat their recipe. It wasn't quite the same, and I think it still may need some tweaking, but it was so tasty and definitely frugal. Plus, you could pretty much add or subtract anything to this pizza. It has tons of places where you can tweak it to suit your own tastes. If you ever get a chance to try the real deal at Cici's do so though!
Vic's Copycat Taco Pizza
First, you'll want to make the dough recipe found HERE.
- pizza crust from above
- lettuce, very thinly sliced
- grated cheese (we used cheddar)
- salsa (I used medium)
- sour cream (hubby and daughter added this to theirs)
- Follow the directions at the link above to make the pizza dough. Pre-bake it as the recipe details.
- Add your lettuce, as much or as little as you like.
- Add your cheese, any kind you prefer. We used cheddar, because that appears to be what's on the Cici's version.
- Add salsa, a teaspoon here and there all over the pizza is what I did.
- You can add sour cream or anything else that suits your fancy.
You can see additional posts in the 2010 "Eating While Broke" series by clicking the following links:
- Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese
- Pui cu Smantana (or in English, Chicken With Sour Cream Sauce)
- Crockpot Oniony Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Chicken Wings In Honey BBQ Sauce
- Pink Salmon Pasta
- Cincinnati Chili
- Sausage Rice with Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Tortilla Casserole
- Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- Sausage Breakfast Wraps
- Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts
- Mexican Cornbread
- Beef Taco Bake
- Spaghettini with Bacon and Basil
- Quick & Easy Dinner Nachos Supreme
- Beef & Broccoli
- Beef & Mushroom Dijon
- Penne Pasta with Spinach & Tomatoes
- Hawaiian Beef Sliders
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Zucchini
- Pasta Carbonara with Zucchini
- Beef-and-Pasta Casserole
- White Bean and Chicken Chili
- Slow-Cooker Barbeque Turkey Meatballs
- Coffee-Brined Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken with Herbed Dumplings
- Homemade Pizza Dough
Be sure to check out the group "Eating While Broke" for other frugal recipes and tips, along with freebies and other things to help you save money.