Today a Gather member posted an article on the WikiLeaks revelation of mountains of low level classified intelligence information.Â Actually it was a copy and paste of an excerpt from an article from Family Security Matters, an organization that defines itself as an organization with a mission:
...to inform all Americans, men and women, about the issues surrounding national security; to address their fears about safety and security on a personal, family, community, national and international level; to highlight the connection between individual safety and a strong national defense; to increase civic participation and political responsibility; and to empower all Americans to become proactive defenders of our national security and community safety.
The article the member copied and pasted is titled "Military Homosexual Scandal Tied to WikiLeaks Treason," with a byline that reads Cliff Kincaid.Â You can read the original here or the copied and pasted excerpt on Gather here.Â The Gather member who posted the copy and paste has limited comments to Gatherfriendsâ„¢.Â Â I thought it might be nice for people who haven't connected to this member to have a chance to comment on the bizarre mixture of hate, fear, innuendo, bad grammar, and worse proof reading in the original.Â The member prefaces his copy and paste with the following, "...the Obama thugs refuse to enforce laws that may be in USA's interest. First he refuses to deport illegals, and now he refuses to enforce the rules against openly gay military personal.[sic]"
The Gather article has comments like
- WHEN they restore the draft, they "won't ask - won't tell" again? Changing the makeup of the military when we are at perpetual war is ridiculous!
- You mean that you don't tnink MadCow will be happy about this news coming out? L O L!
Comments on the Family Security site are also interesting.Â Here are a few:
- Good Grief!! I don't feel safe in my own country anymore with a president who promotes and rewards lifestyles that are openly against Christian beliefs, resulting in harm to normal citizens and our military.
- Sotomeyer and Kagan (sp?) are gay. So is Janet Napolitano.
- Just one more good reason to boot the queers out of the military.
Some other titles of articles on the Family Security site include: "The 'Right' and 'Duty' to Throw Off Unjust Government," "Bin Laden Should Hide Out in Arizona," "Islamists At Boy Scout Jamboree," and "The United States, 2010: A Rogue Government?."
This would be good stuff, maybe even too much of a good thing, if it were satirical.Â Unfortunately, the folks at Family Security are severely irony challenged.Â They're dead serious about this stuff.