There are many mixed messages when it comes to women and premarital sex. From religious and societal pressures to having to deal with the whole Madonna/Whore complex, women are told that the best thing to do is to save it for their husband.
According to Canada’s Weddingbells magazine, a 1,241 person survey conducted, revealed that only eight percent of affianced women believed that premarital sex was a bad idea. Out of that number, only four percent strongly believed in virginity until marriage. That leaves ninety two percent of Canadian gals believing that sex before marriage is perfectly okay.
Here are some benefits to having safe, consensual premarital sex between two adults:
• A bride-to-be will understand the workings of the male anatomy, and know how to please her husband on their wedding night.
• No giggling and pointing at hubby’s body parts on said honeymoon night.
• It’s the only way for two people to find out if they are sexually compatible. Imagine her coming to bed wearing a frilly, white negligee while he waits for her dressed in rubber gear with a fully operational gas mask
• The wedding night is not the right time to find out if one’s husband is horrible in the sack.
• The losing of one’s virginity can be awkward, painful and uncomfortable. It’s not the greatest way to spend the most romantic evening of a person’s life.
These are only a few arguments against withholding sex before marriage. First-time sex with a new partner can be awkward and strange. It’s best to get that over with before the special night.
Samantha Brennan, professor at Ontario’s London University says, “We’ve lived too (long) on the myths of good girls and bad girls, virgins and whores, the Virgin Mary and Madonna, when most women, like most men, live somewhere in the middle.”
While there are many factors which come into play in regards to withholding sex, religion and societal pressures are usually the primary components. The Weddingbells survey was conducted February 18th to March 12th 2010 by Nooro Online Inc., using a national sample of engaged Canadian women. It has an accuracy rating of approximately nineteen out of twenty.
Vancouver BC is a city made for love and romance. There are dozens of romantic little Bed and Breakfasts nestled in quiet little corners throughout the city. There are a number of Vancouver are B&B’s listed on the site, for couples who wish to make their first night a special occasion.
To read more about this subject, check out the Vancouver Sun article.