Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Today at WWDC Apple announced that the new iPhone 4 is scheduled for release on June 24.Â Pre-orders for the new phone can be placed beginning June 15.Â Weâ€™ll be able to get the 16GB version for $199 and the 32GB version for $299. Â Meanwhile, iPhone 3GS will drop down to a more affordable $99. Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Why buy iPhone 4?Â I was curious myself as to how they could possibly make it better but wow, they did!Â I did a little research and found that iPhone 4G has what it takes to outsmart all smart phones before it.Â Â
Â iPhone 4's Best â€œWow!â€ Factors:
- Flat as a pancake.Â At 9.33 mm thick, itâ€™s 24% thinner than iPhone 3GS
- Pixeliscious.Â Appleâ€™s new â€œretina displayâ€ has 4 times as many pixels as the 3GS.
- Doubles the fun on picture taking with a double camera, front-facing and back facing. Â Also has zoom, tap to focus and LED flash.Â (iPad doesnâ€™t even have a camera!)
- Built in video editing with support through iMovie application.
- Face-to-face phone calls with video calling. Â Only available on wifi and only between iPhone 4G users.
- Â Longer battery life: 7 hours of 3G talk time, 6 hours of browsing on 3G or 10 on wifi, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music, 300 hours of standby. Â Nice!
- E-book application even better.Â Sync all of your apple products, buying e-book only once. Â Maintains bookmarks, notes and all features across all products.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The iPhone 4 managed to meet all of my expectations, answering the few complaints Iâ€™ve had with my 3G version, mainly the camera.Â For a little while Iâ€™ve been suffering â€œiPadâ€ envy, wondering if it was worth it to break down and get one. Â The new phone, with all of its capabilities, trumps iPad (it doesnâ€™t even have a camera!) and I now see no need for it. Â Apple has literally out done itself with iPhone 4.Â Â Â