Today, and today only, JetBlue is offering a special deal in honor of its 10th Anniversary. Travelers are excited for the Jet for $10 sale, but if you ask me, the deal is more about free publicity than it is customer appreciation. Here's what you should know:
JetBlue is offering $10 one-way airfare for remaining seats on some of its flights. Tickets must be purchased by tonight at 11:59PM ET and are only good for nonstop flights operating between 5/11 to 5/12. This isn't the most convenient trip. Not only do you need to plan fast, but plan to only be away for a day in order to get a $20-round-trip deal.
Keep in mind, JetBlue isn't offering a true 10 dollar flight. Don't forget the fees! You'll pay up to $9 for Passenger Facility Charges, up to $5 for the September 11th Security Fee, and $3.70 Federal Segment Tax. Should you change your mind about the flight you booked, you can expect to pay $100 per person for cancellations. Ouch! It sounds like a $10 flight could cost you more than expected.
But maybe you shouldn't worry about money too much. Why's that? Because many of these flights are booked solid! I tried finding a flight from Boston to Washington and Boston to Oakland, only to find zero seats available. The impression I get from this JetBlue $10-deal is that it's more about creating a great publicity story for the company and less about giving customers what they want.
Despite this, I still think JetBlue is one of the better airlines out there. At least they don't cheat you on the baggage! Plus they spare you from watching the lame in-flight movie and give you your own TV. Despite my skepticism of this "deal", I'm still a fan.
If you still want to give the JetBlue $10 dollar flights a try, check out where you could fly from:
- Nantucket (ACK) to New York (JFK)
- Aruba (AUA) to Boston (BOS)
- Bermuda (BDA) to Boston (BOS)
- Hartford (BDL) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Hartford (BDL) to Orlando (MCO)
- Boston (BOS) to Washington, DC (DCA)
- Boston (BOS) to Nassau (NAS)
- Boston (BOS) to Oakland (OAK)
- Boston (BOS) to Punta Cana (PUJ)
- Boston (BOS) to Santo Domingo (SDQ)
- Boston (BOS) to San Jose, CA (SJC)
- Boston (BOS) to Sarasota (SRQ)
- Boston (BOS) to St. Maarten (NAS)
- Buffalo (BUR) to Ft. Myers (RSW)
- Cancun (CUN) to Washington, DC (IAD)
- Washington, DC (DCA) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Washington, DC (DCA) to Orlando (MCO)
- New York (JFK) to Portland, OR (PDX)
- New York (JFK) to St. Lucia (UVF)