Daily Whine & Shine - Monday, April 26, 2010
Whether you agree with the concept or not, everyone needs to be able to vent from time to time. That's especially true if you're one of the many who suffer from an invisible illness. We have whines and rants about pains, medical professionals and prescriptions, just to name a few. Perhaps our families listen; perhaps they don't. Even if they do, they get tired of our complaining, even if they claim to understand our struggles. Or if they don't get tired of our "negative energy" we think they do or will.
Are you chewing on something? Or stewing about something? Do tell!
Do you need to rant about something? Tell it here!
Do you have a celebration or victory to share? This is the place.
What's happening in your world today? Are you grumpy about something? Or so angry you could spit? Tell it here. Here at the Daily Whine & Shine, it's acceptable to rant, vent, complain, stomp your feet, throw a tantrum, and shout, "Oh shuckie darn!"
Wait! Don't go away! Do you have some good news to share? Great. This is the place for that as well. If you're celebrating, dancing, and yelling, "Yippee Skippy!" please share. Sometimes knowing about someone else's happiness gives us a bit of hope for ourselves.
Whether you're shouting, "Oh shuckie darn!" or yelling, "Yippee skippy!"- this is the place to be. Pull up a rocking chair, and let's talk about it.
Now, let's celebrate!!!
Monthly Celebrations in April
- Alcohol Awareness Month
- Amateur Radio Month
- Autism Awareness Month
- Cancer Control Month
- Car Care Month
- Celebrate Diversity Month
- Confederate History Month
- Couple Appreciation Month
- Emotional Overeating Awareness Month
- Fair Housing Month
- Financial Literacy Month
- Fresh Florida Tomatoes Month
- Frog Month
- Global Child Nutrition Month
- Holy Humor Month
- Home Improvement Time (April-Sept.30)
- Informed Women Month
- International Customer Loyalty Month
- International Guitar Month
- International Twit Award Month
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- Keep America Beautiful
- Month of the Young Child
- Month of the Military Child
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Card and Letter Writing Month
- National Decorating Month
- National Garden Month
- National Humor Month
- National Kite Month
- National Landscape Architecture Month
- National Occupational Therapy Month
- National Parkinson's Awareness Month
- National Pecan Month
- National Poetry Month
- Prevention of Animal Cruelty Month
- Soy Foods Month
- Straw Hat Month
- Stress Awareness Month
- Workplace Conflict Awareness Month
- World Habitat Awareness Month
Weekly Celebrations in April:Week from 4/25-5/1
- National Dance Week
- National Pie Week
- National Scoop The Poop Week
- National Playground Safety Week
- Safe Kids Week
- National Pro-Life T-Shirt Week
Thoughts to Ponder:
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” ~ Kahill Gibran
“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson