The NHL Playoffs continue today with five games scheduled.
1. The first game today is between #4 Phoenix and #5 Detroit in Detroit at 3:00 pm ET. The series is tied at 1-1.
Phoenix won game one by a score of 5-4 and Detroit put seven goals on the board in game two, for a 7-4 victory, evening the series.
Prediction: Detroit 5-3
2. The second game today is between #2 New Jersey and #7 Philadelphia in Philly at 6:00 pm ET. The series is tied at 1-1.
Philadelphia won the first game 2-1 and the Devils won game two, 5-3, to even up the series.
Prediction: New Jersey 3-2
3. The third game today is between #4 Pittsburgh and #5 Ottawa in Ottawa at 6:30 pm ET. The series is tied 1-1.
Ottawa won the first game 5-4 and Pittsburgh picked up the victory in a defensive battle in game two, 2-1, to tie the series.
Prediction: Pittsburgh 4-2
4. The fourth game of the day is the only game two left in the playoffs, between #2 Chicago and #7 Nashville in Chicago at 8:30 pm ET.
Nashville won game one by a score of 4-1 and lead the series 1-0. Chicago will be hoping to follow suit of the other seven series by tying the series at 1-1.
Prediction: Chicago 5-2
5. The final of the night concludes with #1 San Jose and #8 Colorado in Colorado at 9:30 pm ET. The series is tied 1-1.
The Sharks were less than a minute from being down 2-0, until they tied game two and eventually won 6-5 in overtime, to tie the series at 1-1. Colorado is the most improved team in the playoffs from a year ago and are trying to keep their success going.
Prediction: Colorado 4-3