There are today several major religious systems including thousands of sub-religions or denominations thereof. The numbers and differences are mind-boggling. How does one choose? Do we make choices or are the choices made for us? Below are listed several possible reasons why people make the choices they do including the choice not to believe in any religion at all. Whether you practice, believe, attend meetings or just sit on the sidelines, let's share our reasons for making the choices we make. You may select one or more from the following:
1. I chose the church close to my house because it is convenient.
2. I chose the religion of my parents.
3. It's the sermons; I get inspired.
4. It's mainly the music.
5. I go where my friends go.
6. They have a good social program.
7. Most of their beliefs parallel my own.
8. My church/religion satisfies all my spiritual needs.
9. My church/religion has the answers to people's personal problems.
10. My church/religion welcomes people often shunned by others.
11. My religion is all-inclusive, world-embracing and forward-looking.
12. I choose not to choose.
13. I reject all religion.
14. Other (please share)