Dairy Queen - Cinnabon - Taco Del Mar - IHOP - Tax Day Freebies? Yes Please!
While Uncle Sam may not treat you well on April 15, there are several businesses giving out some sweet Tax Day freebies and discounts on Thursday.
Here are some of the deals going on the last day to file your tax return (unless you're filing an extension, of course):
• Dairy Queen will hand out free samples of its new Mini Blizzards from their "Blizzardmobile" from noon to 1 p.m. outside the Washington, D.C. office of the IRS.
• Maggie Moo's will give out small sample slices of its latest product, MaggieMia's Ice Cream Pizza (in shape only!) from 3 to 7 p.m.
• Cinnabon will distribute bite-size portions of its new cupcakes from 6 to 8 p.m. local time at participating stores.
• Taco Del Mar will have free tacos available to those who download and print out a special coupon from the company's Web site.
• Starbucks will have free coffee to fill up any reusable mug or tumbler.
• McCormick & Schmick's is offering $10.40 food deals all day at its bar.
• P.F. Chang's will take 15 percent off all meals, minus alcohol.
• Whole Foods is covering sales tax on grocery bills at locations in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.
• IHOP will offer free mealsfor children 12 years old and younger with each adult meal purchased all this month, from 4 to 10 p.m. each day. This deal coincides with the tax deduction that parents receive per child.
• USA Today, The Roanoke Times.
• Illustration from OurGeekLife.com.